The discipline of B.Ed Economics has gained enormous relevance post liberalization, privatization and globalization (LPG), and the merging of the world economy.
Research and paper writing are included as part of the course module. Enrolled students are exposed to analytical techniques through various case studies.
The course aims to build professionals skilled in economic theory and quantitative tools of economic analysis.
The program has been designed to impart advanced learning in economics and business, analysis of economic problems, and evaluation of the implications of economic policy and business planning & strategy.
B.Ed. in Economics: Career Prospects
Across the government sector, such professionals may find gainful employment across banks, PSUs, and other public-sector avenues.
Development banks, aid agencies, financial consultancies hire such professionals, in areas such as:
- Accounting, Auditor, Banking and Finance, Insurance Investment.
- Marketing, Stock Broking, Media Analysis, Management, Manufacturing.
- Advertising, Communication, Actuarial, Education and Research
- Retailing, System Analysis, etc.
There are various further fields of economics. Some of the important disciplines include:
- Agriculture, Finance, Labor, Industry.
- International, Business, Banking, Environment.
Developmental, Rural, and Econometrics.